Today is the day..

BHUT JOLOKIA HARVEST TIME!
Three of these hot little babies are ready!
At one point this plant was an unknown.  We knew we planted seeds for a Bhut Jolokia plant but were uncertain if this was one.  That is until it started producing peppers, late into the season.  Now lo and behold, here it is. I harvested three of the fruits and just cutting them off the plant made my throat burn as if I was slicing up jalapenos.
At this point, I'm kind of afraid to cut them up but I know we want to dry them so it will have to be done sooner or later.

FYI, the spicy peach tomato salsa I made recently was made using UNripe Bhut Jolokia peppers. We used two of those and we got a pretty spicy batch of salsa.  I can't wait to see what these do now that they are fully ripe!

Oh and heads up, be looking out for a giveaway soon.  Bhut Jolokia Seeds & maybe a few sunchoke tubers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambitious goals

Negative 36 with chickens in our garage

Compost Tea = MASSIVE GROWTH